Things to know about Drumz Austin

Sunday, February 08, 2009

DRUMZ is looking forward to Spring 2009 in Austin and the continued growth and development of a vital and exciting drumming community here in Central Texas! I am so grateful for the continued support and friendship of all of you who have graced this space with your presence over these last 6 years of DRUMZ on Kerbey Lane and I anticipate many more beautiful and inspiring rhythms and vibrations within these walls in the days and months and years to come! I have the intention of putting more focus and energy into my teaching and facilitating in the days ahead and I foresee DRUMZ becoming more and more of a music studio and a gathering place for learning and sharing music. I hope to bring many exciting percussionists as guest teachers to DRUMZ in the future and I look forward to the unfolding of a new chapter here in 2009.
Please note that there is new and enticing energy on the street as Kerbey Lane welcomes the fantastic and irresistible new Bakery and Coffee Shop, Russell's, to our Kerbey Family, as well as the beautiful new "Caroline's" women's clothing store at 3700 Kerbey Lane, slated to open Feb.20th! Caroline's is right in front of DRUMZ and I encourage all of you female drummers to drop in and check out the new trends and lovely garb the next time you are in the 'hood! You be stylin' for sure with a djembe over your shoulder and a new outfit from "Caroline's"!
Austin seems to defy the notion that there is a recession happening in our Nation and a global economic crisis gripping our world...just continuing to "keep it weird" I suppose! Whatever happens, I trust that drumming and our recognition of the importance of rhythm in our lives will still be a part of our conscious evolution and DRUMZ will survive and perhaps even thrive through this economic "downturn"!
It is really good to be home again after an amazing and moving adventure to Africa ( a short journal of my travels follows, if you are inclined to want to know more about my trip, read on below!) and I look forward to sharing a rhythm with you soon!
Peace,love, and gratitude,
Sherry

ps

The Djembabes have a number of performances coming up in the Spring so I hope I see many of you out in our audeinces movin' and groovin' to the beat! Please check out our website at www.djembabes.com or look for our schedule under "performances" here on drumzaustin.net!
Axe' Axe'